#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Tuesday 5 August 2014

THE GOLDEN DOOR -DAY 2




Waking up to this view isn't so bad! A beautiful sunrise is the most incredible way to start the day and I'm lucky that my room looks over this, sunken clouds and cascading mountains. 
It's not so hard to wake up early when this is just outside!
It's Day 2,  and I receive a lovely knock on the door and a ' Good Morning Casey ' at 5:50 am.
Of course I was polite and pretended to already be awake with a chirpy response
 ( secretly exhausted from an on and off nights sleep )
I got dressed into my exercise gear ( all you seem to wear here which is awesome ) and made my way up to meditation hill for Tai Chi at sunrise.  We froze our fingers and faces off while slowing centering ourselves and watching the reds and yellows of the sunrise, while breathing into a new day. 
MAGIC! What a magical way to start the day. Hot air balloons and having a team of people around you made it all the worthwhile getting up early. I have to admit it's so different seeing the hunter valley from a detoxifying point of view and not from a vineyard! - and I love it .


After Tai Chi was a choice of deep water running or a 4.5 km walk and I chose to do the walk . I seemed to have a lot of energy ( surprisingly ) so I decided to run the track, which was through the nearby golf course. I followed the little blue arrows and made my way up and down the hills but had to stop and walk because I couldn't get over how tranquil and beautiful it was . Nobody else around, still lakes and kangaroos everywhere! Most had joeys in their pouches which I just couldn't get over the cuteness and had to stop and chat to them all. I really felt like I was in an Australian fairytale !

I made my way to the end of the track and headed back to the resort for breakfast, which was a buckwheat pancake with banana , blueberries and fruit. There was also the choice of yoghurt, muesli and fruit, and I had all of them haha ( of course )



The view from breakfast is just breathtaking ! I sat back and had a cup of herbal tea before heading to the next class 



Next , was a stretch class which was really great after the run , I already felt really tight. 
So we stretched for half an hour and then I headed to join in at the tennis court for some hilarious fun
 ( I am so terrible at tennis but who cares ! ) - our tennis teacher actually won the 
Australian Open women's in the 70's for all you tennis fans out there. Pretty cool!
Thats' why I love this place , everything goes and everyone has a go - even if you DO get embarrassed in front of a pro!

Ps. Thats not my leg ( optical illusion hahaha ) 



I then decided to go to the ' Preparing for Change' seminar which spoke about all different aspects of change and how it  can all affect us. The talk focused on different ways to manage and deal with our life Goals and how we can achieve them. You always think you don't need something like that until you do it! We all have 'stuff' going on in our lives and its great sometimes to stop and take a moment to re assess our life values and goals so we know that we are getting the most out of it for ourselves.

I was super excited about lunch which was delicious healthy salmon wraps with vegetables and then fruit and tea ( there is zero sugar up here so fruit ends up being the best thing ever! )
Lots of people come to The Golden Door for weight management so the food here is particularly amazing and portion controlled - but you don't go hungry which is fabulous - 
this girl likes to eat!



After lunch was some down time ( there is lots to do here and you can choose to partake or not )
so I had a rest and had a delicious green smoothie at afternoon tea then hit the steam room and spa before my beautiful ( and painful ) deep tissue massage - just how I like it !
The spa here is beyond amazing and the massage therapists are so professional and great at what they do. 





I was beyond exhausted, so I managed to sit up during dinner which was great , and we had a healthy mushroom burrito and soup, then a delicious chai tea and some fruit. We all sit in a communal dining area so it's so fantastic to talk to different guests every night and learn so much about new people. 
Very humbling .

Before bed was a breathing seminar which was great and we learnt about different methods of breathing to relieve stress or to help one meditate, and we ended the session with a guided meditation which sent me floating back to my room , via my bath tub, and straight into bed for a deep 9 hour sleep.
Did I mention I LOVE it here ??

If you do feel like enquiring about if The Golden Door is right for you, call up and have a chat 




I think it's a must do for everyone !


Casey


xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment