#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;} #header-inner {text-align:center !important;}

Sunday 4 May 2014

FACEHUNTER x OPSM





OPSM has teamed up with Yvan Rodic famously known as FaceHunter to capture faces, and street style around Australia, and of course capture people wearing their spectacles. 
I was lucky enough to be invited to meet this gorgeous human and work alongside him and also grab an interview to learn all about his life...


When did you start taking photos?

Yvan : When I was a kid I was playing with my parents camera, an old one from the 70's and more recently I received a camera as a gift, started taking photos of people and thought why not put it on the internet and begin a blog.  It evolved from street style, to travel and style and then a book so it's great.

Are you more interested in the fashion, or the people and their individual style?

 For me its more the people. Style is more the way people interpret and digest fashion. 
Fashion for me feels like the brands and the trends is more cold, where as 'style' is more ALIVE , more personal and I find that more interesting. 

Do you think social media has helped your photos and your blog ?

Of course, social media is an organic mass weapon for sure. For most bloggers it would be hard if we didn't have social media of course. 

Which part of Australia do you think has more individual style?

I think i've noticed that with Sydney, with its beaches and beach culture, that there is more focus on body image and being stylish and 'hot' and in Melbourne that's not an obligation as such, its more about being stylish , not so much focused on body image. 

Do you blog with your readers in mind or mainly just what you want to blog about?

I know that the readers are interested in Fashion Week, as it's almost like a dream for some so that's important.  I try to do that and balance it out with real street style and real everyday people to keep a good balance for the reader . It's important to me to shoot real people wearing their own style opposed to a blogger wearing head to toe clothes that a designer has sent them, it's less personal to me. 

Do you have one favourite photo you have taken?

No not really but a few that I have published in my books I love, but choosing one is too hard.

Will you be doing what you do forever ?

I guess my thing is evolving so now I spend a lot of time working on campaigns and i'm interested in working with web TV  ( webisodes ) and I'm working a lot so why not have a TV crew with me to capture and document my ventures. 
It's harder to get a lot of views and likes on a webisode, unlike a photo, so it has to be of high quality to make it worthwhile and relevant.  It's challenging but I want to give it a go. 





"Inspiration is a mix between something you cannot get and something you can"


Shoes - Wandering Souls
Skirt- Lucid Label
Singlet - Market purchase
Glasses- OPSM - Prada


Jacket - Helmut Lang



 "Accessible dreams are good but I like to show things people can afford "







You can see Yvan's work at

 also his Australian dates are ;

2-4 May: Sydney
5 May: Perth
6 May: Broome
7 May: Darwin
8 May: Sydney
9-10 May: Melbourne

Following street style bloggers like Yvan is a fabulous way to keep yourself involved in the fashion world and how trends are being worked on the streets and off the runway.  
photos also on my instagram account 
@caseyaburgess

CASEY

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment